Search My Blog!

September 25, 2010

Laura's Sketch - 2s4y

Happy Saturday readers!  This week has been so, SO busy, but luckily I've managed to find some time for the 2 Sketches 4 You weekly challenge!  Laura's design was really, REALLY great this week!  I've got some anniversaries coming up, and so I thought I'd make another "Happy Anniversary" themed card to match this week's sketch challenge:




I've been really inspired lately by cards with fancy die cut edges!  While I'm not lucky enough to have a die cut machine yet (I'm hoping for one for christmas though!) I did free draw and cut out this fun bracket-like edge!  I also really REALLY love the patterned paper that I used, My Mind's Eye just has such great stuff!  Finally, I've been so so SO in love with my distress ink lately that I just can't get enough!  I think it's that musky fall feeling that makes it so inspiring right now! My next project will be sans distress ink though - I'm already excited about it!  =)

Well, that's all I have to share with you today!  Have a lovely fall filled weekend!  =) 


Paper:
* Bazzil and Core'Dinations Cardstock
* Printed Paper - My Mind's Eye
Stamps and Ink:  
* Sentiment - Fiskars
* Inkadinkado Ink - Cafe Au Lait
* Tim Holtz's Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Embellishments:
* Blue Floss Thread

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Kristy!! I love that MME paper, too. Great colors!! And having no die cut machine either, I can appreciate the work that went into cutting your lovely bracket-like edge. Gorgeous!!

    Hey, wanted to tell you that I ordered some baker's twine from the Etsy shop you recommended--great prices and super selection. Can't wait to get it!! Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Kristy!! I still love this card :) Just wanted to let you know that I have a little something for you on my blog post today, so if you have a moment, you might want to check it out. Oh, and I wanted to say that you were so sweet to add me to your list of inspiring crafters. I'm honored!!!

    Yup, I'm a math gal through and through!! I saw in your profile that you are a high school teacher and wondered what you teach. So thrilled to find another math gal!! (No wonder I was drawn to your blog!!) Right now I'm in the middle of writing a study guide to accompany a college precalc text. Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fantastic card - i really love the color combination! thanks for stopping by my blog! i'm glad you liked the pb&j card - who doesn't love a little pb&j right? :)

    ReplyDelete