Search My Blog!

October 3, 2010

Weekend Challenges - Embellish and Repeat Impressions!

Good evening readers!  First, I would like to wish EVERYONE a Happy World Cardmaking Day yesterday!  I know I was hard at work making some fun creations!  Today, I have two challenge cards to share with you that I just really enjoyed making!  First, I was SO excited for the new Embellish Color Challenge, since I absolutely love this color combination:

I also was excited since the extra technique was background stamping, since I am still absolutely loving my Teeny Tiny Backdrops from Lawn Fawn!  This is what I ended up with:


While going through my stamps, I was amazed to see how nicely that large heart stamp works with the hear background!  And I just love that gray satin ribbon!

Next, I've been dying to really play around with my Christmas Penguins set that I won from Repeat Impressions!  For their What If? Wednesday Sketch Challenge S2210, I finally decided to get them out!  I ended up making THREE cards with the stamps, but here's the one that I made for the Challenge:

   
The colors in this card just make me feel so festive!  I particularly like the red distress ink that I've gotten the chance to use here!  You can also see that I'm still having SO much fun using baker's twine!  =)

In other news, I think that I'm just about ready to give out my blog awards!  Be on the lookout for them tomorrow!  I'm so excited to get to honor seven wonderful, crafty ladies!  Have a great day and week! 


 "Embellish Card"
Paper:
* Bazzil and ReCollections Cardstock
Stamps and Ink:  
* Teeny Tiny Backdrops AND Sophie's Sentiments - Lawn Fawn
* Large Heart Flourish - Stampendous
* Memento - Tuxedo Black
* Versamark Ink
Embellishments:
* Gray Satin Ribbon
* Nested Cutouts - AR Creations
"Repeat Impressions Card" 
Paper:
* Bazzil Cardstock
* Kiwi Embroidery Paper
Stamps and Ink:  
* Christmas Penguins - Repeat Impressions
* Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Barn Door
* Memento - Tuxedo Black
Embellishments:
* Red and Green Baker's Twine

6 comments:

  1. Very lovely design! Thanks for joining the Embellish background stamping color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun pair of cards, Kristy! Super job on both of them. Thanks for the reminder about the Repeat Impressions sketch. I'd nearly forgotten about it, and tomorrow is the deadline. Oops!!! Gotta fit that in today . . .

    My baker's twine arrived over the weekend and now I can't wait to use it!! I loved seeing how you used yours on that adorable penguin Christmas card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! These cards look great!
    I love the BIG ribbon bow on the first one. So pretty! And you did a fantastic job with the sketch on the second one. I love the twine too! Super cute cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the embellish magazine card!! so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, the big bow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Cute Cute!!! Thanks for playing along with the Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete