Search My Blog!

November 28, 2010

Snowy Window!

Hello everyone!  I just have one more card to share with you today!  I was inspired yesterday by our first snowfall of the season!  Considering I live in Pittsburgh, the fact that the first snowfall wasn't until November 27th is actually quite amazing! And even then it didn't stick.  None the less, I was looking out my window at the snow and feeling excited!  Later in the day, I checked out the new Etsy Inspired Challenge (#116) whose Etsy inspiration this week is a shop called Heartsong with beautiful artwork.  There, I found a photo of two people sharing a moment looking at the snow:
 First Snowfall, giclee print
  Between these two snowy inspirations, my card was born:
  
My goal was to make the card look like a snow frosted window!  I stamped and distressed the window, and then covered the entire window part with clear embossing powder.  You can see that it is shiny in the pictures!

I then used ribbons to make the window appear to have "curtains."  I wanted the curtains to be sheer so the window could still easily be seen, and to tie back the curtains I used a velvet ribbon.  I also free-handed the candle and stole the little flame from Lawn Fawn's "Happy Hannukah" set.  The holly surrounding the candle was from an Inkadinkado' Holiday set.  I finished off the card with a little "Merry Christmas" from Lawn Fawn's Harold's ABC's!

Along with Etsy Inspired Challenge #116, this card was also inspired by the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #81.  This week I used the simplifed sketch:
  I hope you enjoyed my snowy inspired Christmas card tonight!  Tomorrow I'm looking forward to my last day off (gotta love hunting season in Western PA!) so that I can get some more crafting done and also get my house decorated for Christmas!  Yay! 


Paper:
*Recollections Cardstock
* Basic Grey PP - Jovial Set
Stamps and Ink:
*Lawn Fawn - Frosties, Harold's ABC's, Happy Hanukkah
* Inkadinkado - Warm Holiday Wishes
* Memento - Tuxedo Black
* Ranger Distress Ink - Broken China '
* Versamark Ink
* Whispers' Deep Impact Clear Embossing Powder
Embellishments:
* Sheer Brown Organza Ribbon
* Brown Velvet Ribbon
*  Red Rhinestones

5 comments:

  1. Love your clever ribbon curtains ... wonderful Etsy Inspired Design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kristy - what a clever idea with the frosted window - this is perfect and definitely looks like one - thanks for sharing your inspiratioon, I loved seeing what inspired you! Love it! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the frosted window! And love the color inspiration you drew from your inspired item!

    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS! Love the window inspired card! Dreamy and beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I love the little window scene!! What a creative idea, and the frosted snowflakes are AWESOME! Thanks for playing EIC with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete