Search My Blog!

April 26, 2011

Lucky to have a Friend like You!

Hello blogland!  Well wow just WOW I hope everyone had a lovely Easter!  I had an amazing time with family and friends!  The hubs and I really had a nice holiday!  Now it's back to school this week AND only a little over a month left until school is OUT and I can REALLY get my craft on!  Yay! 

Speaking of, I have lots of crafty news to share today!  First - I FINALLY finished my wedding scrapbook.  I've been hard at work on this for about a week!  Yes, it's been 2.5 years since I got married, and YES I'm not usually much of a scrapbooker (though I've been working hard to change this!)   but YES I finally finished it!  I'll be posting highlights of this very, VERY soon! 

Next, I was so SO honored to be featured this week on BOTH the Lawn Fawn blog for the Fawny Flickr Five, AND over at Practical Scrappers for their Challenge me Tuesday Twine feature!  YAY!  It's so amazing to be featured among so many other amazing, inspirational crafters!  =D 

OK now onto the card for today:

I wanted to play along in this week's Embellish Challenge because I love LOVE crocheted trim!  I just got some from Etsy, and I wanted to play with it!  I knew that along with the trim on the bottom I wanted to do something fun, so used the sentiment and ruffled the trim around it to make it look like a handmade pillow!  There is also a lot of distress-inky goodness on this card on the background and the sentiment.  The chipboard accent is from My Mind's Eye and the flower is from Recollections!  Here's a close-up of the sentiment:

Again, this card was inspired to this week's Embellish Challenge: 

Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed this card!!!  =D  Have a lovely, lovely week!  =D

3 comments:

  1. Love the colors, Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Kristy!! What a cool card. That tulle flower and the hat pins look awesome!! Congrats on finishing your wedding scrapbook--what a milestone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! I love the crochet flower! Thanks so much for playing along with Embellish!!

    ReplyDelete