Search My Blog!

August 17, 2011

Keep the Sun in your Heart

You know, I just love that sentiment and I've not yet used it since I got Lawn Fawn's Partly Cloudy set forever ago!  This card was a bit difficult for me, mainly because it had to be ONE LAYER, because I wanted to play along with the latest challenge over at Lawnscapings!  I didn't know if I'd be able to make that happen, but then I saw this week's CAS-ual Friday's challenge, and I had an idea that matched the sketch and involved LOTS of Distress Ink (which I've been SUPER into lately!)  Here's the final result:

This card really turned out better than I expected!  I masked off that white strip and went to town with my Broken China distress ink!  Then, I masked off the blue and stamped the white area with elements from Lawn Fawn's Partly Cloudy and Blissful Botanicals.  I drew in my own flower stems and added some embroidery floss and pearls as added embellishments!  I really like the way that the embroidery floss looks twisted around the front of the card, too!  It's a super fun technique! 

So, as I said I made this card with both Lawnscapings and CAS-ual Fridays on the brain:
Lawnscapings #16 - One Layer Cards

CAS-ual Fridays #15 - Sketch Challenge

Ok friends!  This is a SUPER exciting time for me, stay tuned!  There's something exciting coming up VERY soon on my blog, and it might just involve a giveaway!  =D  Happy Wednesday to all! 

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous one layer card! The way you masked off the white strip and then distressed the sides totally gives it the look of a multi-layer card without the bulk! LOVE that! And that smiling sunshine and sentiment are sweet as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuteness!! Super clever take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so cute Kristy! Fabulous one layer! Love how you masked off different areas to create it..... LOVE that braided look of floss!!!!!!! Terrific job here! Great card for the Lawnscaping challenge so thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete