Search My Blog!

January 7, 2014

Almost a year later...

Well hi there readers!  It has certainly been a LONG time since I have posted!  Today is going to be a purely personal post, as a WHOLE LOT has happened in the past year that I need to update you on!

First and foremost, in March of 2013 I found out I was pregnant! My husband and I were SO very excited by this! So we spent much of 2013 working on house projects and getting ready to welcome our little bundle of joy into the world! We did not find out what we were having until I delivered which was SO much fun! On October 30th, 2013 I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl! We named her Samantha Nicole and we couldn't be happier! She is a wonderful blessing in our lives! Many of you might not know that I am a cancer survivor (I had Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2005) and so the fact that I was able to get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy AND a healthy baby was huge for me. She's my little miracle and we are so very, very happy!

In preparation for Sammy, my husband and I spent a TON of time getting our house prepared. I did a LOT of organizing and purging of various things as well as designing the nursery! Since we didn't know what we were having we did an owl theme that was gender neutral and I'm quite happy with how the room turned out! A BIG kudos here to my husband, who repainted everything, and drywalled a new ceiling into the room , AND installed crown moulding AND built all of the furniture. He. is. a. beast. And the best husband ever. But seriously he made her room the best room in the house:



My favorite feature of the room is her book wall which is such an amazing book case and piece of art! My husband installed it and I put all of the books on. I saw this on Pinterest and seriously LOVED it!
As far as crafting goes, I've been all over the place lately. I've made some really pretty seasonal wreaths, as well as some adorable projects off of Pinterest. In the paper crafting arena, I've been fairly stagnant with the exception of a December Daily that I'm making for December of 2014. Sammy was so little this year that we got lots of good pictures but next Christmas she will be much more aware and so I'm saving the scrapbook for 2014! I've also been dabbling with my sewing machine and excited to start sewing fun things for the baby! Plus, I did a LOT of canning over late summer and fall and really enjoy that craft as well. I've been quite busy but not very good at updating my blog! In 2014 I promise to do better!

Since we had Sammy, my hubby and I decided that I would take the rest of the school year off. I am luckily able to do this and still keep my job – I'm just not getting paid this semester. Getting to stay at home with Sammy for now has been amazing and I am looking forward to having more time for crafting in the near future!

Well readers this has been a VERY long and personal update! Please stay tuned for more crafty updates in the very near future! =D Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kristy!!!! So excited to see and read your post!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your little bundle of joy!! I am so happy for you and your husband! And how fabulous that you get to take the rest of the school year off! Such precious time to spend with the little one! Enjoy every single minute of it!!! Sending BIG (((HUGS)))!!! Hope you'll have a little time to get inky and to share some photos of the baby!!!

    ReplyDelete