Search My Blog!

November 2, 2010

Some Fun Cards! =)

Hello readers!  Thanks for all of your wonderful comments on the pictures of the party!  It was a really fun time... though I think I'm still recovering from it!  LOL!  =)

Tonight I have a challenge card to share with you and a fun card to share with you!  The first one took a LOT of work but I think it turned out really great:

  
I ended up really liking the way this card turned out!  This was my FIRST attempt at stitching on a card! It didn't go perfectly, but it did turn out pretty nice!  I really like the look that the stitching creates!  The pearls didn't photograph too well here, but they are a more burgundy-esque color that matches the ribbon and paper on the card.

This card was inspired by the following challenges:
1.  The Play Date Cafe #53
2. 2S4Y Sketch #64
   

Ok!  So lately I've been trying my hand at lots of smaller projects that I'm going to post periodically.  I've been working on making my own Christmas gift tags, as well as making small, one layer cards that are versatile and great for gifts!

A few days ago, I found the *cutest* little set of clear stamps from Studio G.  I bought it and made this cute little card to give to my hubs this morning to brighten his day:

     
Isn't this just the cutest little stamp?  I added the "we're" at the top using Lawn Fawn's Harold's ABC's, however, unless you look closely I don't think you'd notice that it doesn't go with the rest!  I also added a little bit of my new twine that I got on Etsy from a lovely lady named Ryann Marin!  Anyhow, I really loved how this little guy turned out, and it was SUPER quick and easy!

Well, that's all I have for you today!  Happy stamping and crafting!  =) 

 
"Best Wishes" Card: 
Paper:
* Neenah and DCVW Cardstock
Stamps and Ink:
* Inkadinkado - Garden Greetings
* Memento - Tuexedo Black
Embellishments:
* Burgundy Organza Ribbon
* Black Satin Ribbon
* Burgundy Pearls
* Chipboard from AR Creations
"Quite the Pear Card: 
Paper:
* Neenah and Recollections Cardstock
Stamps and Ink:
* Studio G - "Quite the Pear"
* Lawn Fawn - Harold's ABC's
* Studio G - Green Chalk Ink
Embellishments:
* Orange Baker's Twine from Ryann Marin

7 comments:

  1. fantastic cards! i love the pear card! i have that stamp set too, but i haven't used it yet...i spy some inspiration! :) ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a unique card for the color splash challenge at The Play Date Cafe...so glad to have you play with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards! Love the bling and beautiful organza ribbon on the first card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, wonderful use of this weeks challenge! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are fantastic, Kristy!! Great job with your first stitching on a card. It really adds a lot of texture and definition, doesn't it?? And those pears are the sweetest. Looks like you had a lot of fun with both of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Kristy those flourishes are really spectacular
    Thanks for joining us at 2 Sketches 4 You this week
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! Love that decorative pin! :)

    ReplyDelete