Search My Blog!

February 22, 2011

Birthday Cards!!! =D

Hello everyone!  Well, we had ANOTHER snow day here!  Last night we got blasted with another 6-9 inches of snow, and getting home from school yesterday was horrible!  Hopefully, we'll be headed back tomorrow!

In the meantime, I used today to make some cards!

My first take was a do-over card challenge posted over at Paper Crafts by Laurel!  Here's the original card:
There were several things that I don't like about this card.  First, I had just started using copic markers and so the coloring isn't great here, and some of the colors are too dark in my opinion.  Second, the colors in this card aren't unified - there are colors in the banner that aren't in the bottom and vice-versa.  Third, I don't love the way that I used the baker's twine.  Here's my do-over:


I think the do-over is a LOT better!  =)  Here, I lightened up the colors, sewed the twine through the banners and even added a little festive hat on the puppy!  What do you think of the do-over?  =)

In other news, I recently got my Paper Crafts Color Inspirations magazine in the mail!  I've been spending a lot of time looking at it for inspiration, and so the color combo on pg. 16 was the inspiration for this card:
I love love LOVE decorative tape!  Here, I used this decorative tape to make a fun pattern, and then added a little pink ribbon.  I really think that the front of this card looks like a birthday package, and so on the inside I stamped the sentiment "Wishing you a day wrapped in happiness.  Happy Birthday." I'm entering this card in the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge #44.  Inspiration came from the Paper Crafts Color Inspiration magazine from the color combo on pg. 16:

Well, I hope everyone is having a great week!  =)  As always, I love love LOVE your comments and support!  This blog is so great because of the support I get from YOU!  =)




Do-Over Birthday Card: 
Paper: 
* PTI Cardstock
Stamps and Ink: 
* Lawn Fawn Stamps - Bannerific, Critters in the Burbs, Harold's ABC'S and Hats Off to You!
* Memento - Tuxedo Black Ink
Other: 
* Satin Ribbon - Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink, and Balloon Multi
* Copic Markers


Orange/Pink Birthday Card: 
Paper: 
* PTI, Darice and Bazzill Basics Cardstock
Stamps and Ink: 
* Ranger Distress Ink - Worn Lipstick
* PTI - Birthday Basics
Other: 
* Colorbok - Decorative Tapes
* Pink Satin Ribbon
* Pink Rhinestones
* Copic Markers
* Smooch Spritz - Vanilla Shimmer

4 comments:

  1. Another snow day?!?! ZOIKS! I hope this doesn't mean your summer will be cut short because of make-up days. FUN cards!! The do-over card is so super cute!! I really like the changes you made!! And LOVE the way you used the decorative tape in the second one---and such a yummy color combo too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely make-over, Kristy! And I am inspired by your Washi tape card. I have about 6 rolls of decorative tape and have yet to use any of it. Too scared! (Well, 3 rolls are Halloween and 3 rolls are Christmas, so that might have something to do with it, too) I've really got to start playing with it. :)

    Oh, and a huge CONGRATS on your win over at DeNami for the button challenge! Your button waterfall was just the cutest and definitely deserved to win. YAY for you--another DeNami shopping spree. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your do over card!!!! Love the way you used the twine! Your coloring is fab and love the added party hat to your dog! So cute!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo! I spot a CARDS Decorative Tape Challenge card! Congratulatons! So fun and bright and cheery, Kristy! Thank you so much for playing along, this week, in Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete