Search My Blog!

February 17, 2011

More Buttons!

Hello everyone!  Wow I know I've really been out of touch in the blogworld lately!  Between being sick and also having Mock Trial competitions twice this week (I'm a co-advisor for our team) I've had absolutely NO crafting time!  Anyhow, tonight I had a chance to make another card for DeNami's Button Challenge!  I've always wanted to do kind of a button "waterfall" effect, so I went for it:
I just really love bright colors and fun buttons!  And of course everyone knows I'm obsessed with DeNami's owls!  =)  I also have been into hand-stitching lately, and I think this turned out just fun! 

I got inky with some other projects as well, but I can't share them because I'm actually going to submit some cards to a magazine for publication! (gasp!  I'm so excited!) I know not to get too excited, but I'm proud of myself for putting my work out there, even if I get turned down!  =) 

Ok well I'd better get to bed since I have to work tomorrow!  =)  Have a great night and lovely weekend friends!  =)


 
Paper: 
* Recollections Cardstock
Stamps and Ink: 
* Versamark Watermark Ink
* DeNami Petite Fours Owls and Sentiment
Other: 
* Divine Twine Aqua/White Baker's Twine
* Buttons

3 comments:

  1. Cute card! I love what you did with the button, the stitching, and the owls! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an ADORABLE card, Kristy! I love those buttons. The waterfall effect is terrific. Great bright colors, too. GOOD LUCK on your publication submissions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations, kristy - you won!!!!! this card so it too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete