Search My Blog!

February 7, 2011

I'm Back!

Hi everyone!  I know it's been a while since I've blogged, sorry about that!  We had a super busy week and weekend with friends last week, which ended bittersweet when the Steelers lost the superbowl.  =(  Oh well, there's always next year.  =)

In other exciting news, I was SO excited to find out that I WON one of the great prizes from Winter's St. Jude's Caring Hearts Card Drive!  What a great honor!!!  I won 5 digis of my choice from Tiffany Doodles and a special edition of Paper Crafts Magazine!  Stay tuned for plenty of inspiration from those winnings and thanks again to Winter for such an amazing card drive!

Finally, here's what I have for you today:

I've been really into Happy Birthday cards lately, as I'm going to need LOTS of them in the spring and summer!  This card was super fun to make!  I really enjoyed making the patterned paper on the left side, and using baker's twine to stitch the two pieces together!  =)  This card was inspired by:
1. The Play Date Cafe Color Challenge #67
2. Sketchy Sunday #6
    
Lately, I've been making it a habit to work out LOTS more than I was before Christmas!  I've been feeling really, REALLY good but it also makes me really ready for sleep at night!  Has anyone else been trying to beat the winter weight with any fun workout routines?  I wanna work my way up to a Zumba class!  =D 

Ok, well speaking of bed, I'm headed there now!  Happy crafting this week readers!  =)

 
Paper: 
* Recollections Cardstock
* JoAnn Fabrics Handmade Glitter Paper
Stamps and Ink: 
* Papertrey Ink Stamps - Birthday Basics 
* Inkadinkado Stamps - Flower Garden
* Ranger Distress Ink - Barn Door
* Blue and Purple Studio G Pigment Inks
Other:
* Red and White Baker's Twine (AR Creations on Etsy)
* Red Pearls
* Copic Markers
* Burgundy Organza Ribbon

8 comments:

  1. Oh my! Love that you stamped your own patterned paper! AND that stitching, WOW! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Kristy! I love how you used the twine to stitch on your card. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Kristy - especially the way you used the bakers twine. Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card!! Love the bakers twine woven in there :) Fantastic that you created your own patterned paper and it turned out great!! So happy you came to play with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your prize goodies, Kristy! Have fun with them! Lovin' the way that stitched wave creates such fantastic movement! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the win and goodies! LOVE how you stitched that twine! What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card, the twine is such a fun touch! Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card and great take on both challenges!!! Congrats on winning a prize from Winter's card drive!!! YAY!!! I feel your pain with the Steeler's loss, but like you said, there's always next year! Still LOVE our Steelers!! Oh...and kudos to you for steppin' up your workout routine! You go, girl! I would SO LOVE to try Zumba sometime too!!! It looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete