Search My Blog!

February 15, 2011

More DeNami Design and Buttons!

Hi readers, Happy Valentine's Day!  I had plans to post this yesterday, but I got SO sick and I basically slept all day yesterday!  Hubs was sick last week and of course now I have what he had.  I'm just downright miserable and sick of being sick this winter!  At least it seems that spring is just around the corner!  =) 

I have another DeNami card to share with you today!  For the blog hop, DeNami gave an EXTRA incentive of creating another card with buttons for a challenge.  The winner gets an automatic spot on their next blog hop and also wins a few stamps of their choice!  Such a cool challenge!!!  I've been having SO much fun with buttons lately, so I couldn't wait to try this!  Here's what I came up with:
Isn't this little cake just SO cute!  I love this stamp!  I used green and blue on this card thinking that it could be used for a birthday for a boy.  I love love LOVE that cuttlebug embossing folder, and I just had to make a button tray for my cake!  I added just a little bit of stickles to the candles for a final touch and voila! 

Lately, I've been using a lot of buttons and twine on my projects, and I've also been enjoying handmade stitching!  What have your favorite products and techniques been lately? 

Well, that's all from me today!  Enjoy the day readers!  =) 


Paper:
* Neenah and Recollections Cardstock
Stamps and Ink:
* DeNami Design - Happy Birthday Cake
* Memento - Tuxedo Black Ink
Other:
*Cuttlebug Birthday Embossing Folder
* Blue Floss String
* Green Buttons
* Copic Markers
* Stickles - Crystal

6 comments:

  1. Oh, what a creative way to use buttons, Kristy! I agree, that cake image is cute- I always love pulling it out. :)

    Thanks for playing along in the button challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better.
    LOVE the unique way you used the buttons, so FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable, Kristy!! Lately I'm nutty for twine, too. But buttons always have a warm place in my heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper cute, Kristy!!! Love that cake image and the way you made a stand for it out of buttons---you are so creative!!! Your color choices are awesome too! Hope you feel better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable and so creative! Love that button cake plate!! Also wanted to thank you for the blog candy!! So much fun getting happy mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute idea with the button cake plate! Love it!

    ReplyDelete