Search My Blog!

July 27, 2011

Spiders in the Attic!

At least, that's how I remember every attic I've ever been in!  Today I bring you something right out of the attic for the current Lawnscaping Challenge: 
I've been thinking about this challenge for a LONG time and not being able to come up with something that created a scene that hasn't already been done.  So today I was going through my Lawn Fawn stamps once more, and I thought, wouldn't those spiders (from Heebie Jeebies) look cute hanging in an attic doorway? So that's exactly where I put them:


I just purchased Tim Holtz's designer ruler today, and it came in handy for measuring and cutting out the doorway and the patterned paper (from Basic Grey's Max and Whiskers paper pad).  Most older houses had fabulous wallpaper like that in their attics too... hehe!  Then I modified the spiderweb stamp from Heebie Jeebies and added some webs through the door with some spider cuties!  Then, of course I needed a custom sentiment so I turned to Harold's ABC's!  The doorway is distressed with Antique Linen and the PP is distressed with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo.  I used leftovers from the door frame to alter the top of the card to make it look more like an actual attic roof -- which is my favorite part of my card!  =)  All in all I ended up having a lot of fun with this challenge!  =) 

I've been working on more fun non-cardy projects too!  I have a fabulous Halloween wreath in the making, a summery wreath almost finished (my door is really under-dressed) and some cute Christmas Tree decorations for the holidays!  I'll be sharing all of this super soon! 

Ok everyone!  I hope you all have a fabulous rest of your week!  =)  See you soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Kristy! How creative and clever is this. I LOVE what you have done here. I am in awe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Soooo cute! Of course spiders are only cute in card form. hehe. I really like the detail you added by greying in the web, really makes it feel very cobwebby like an attic, and I love the "wallpaper"! I had an idea to do something different with these spiders a while back but I could not get it to work out... you have inspired me to try again perhaps!

    ReplyDelete