Search My Blog!

July 25, 2011

Well it's been a LONG time! =D

Hi there everyone!  Sorry I haven't posted in a REALLY long time (like most of July!) but I've been super busy between selling my Grandpa's house and helping with that, helping some friends in need, and visiting some family!  Needless to say my crafting time has been limited at best!  I have also been working on some non-card related projects when I have been crafting, so my card-making time has been even more limited! 

Here's one non-paper project that I was working on -- I reupholstered the top of our cedar chest!  Here's a picture:

The top of this cedar chest used to be orange vinyl and was very worn and loved (it was my grandmothers and SHE had reupholstered it years and years ago!), and so I added some foam padding and stapled away!  Since I got the brown suede on super clearance (about $3.50 a yard!) the whole project cost less than $20!  =) 

OK, so I also got some new DeNami Design stamps recently that I've been dying to ink up!  Here's some of the projects that I made with my new DeNami stamps!

This first project was originally supposed to be created for the Embellish Nautical Trends Challenge, but even though I finished it in time I didn't get it posted in time!  None the less, it's still cute and worth posting:

I love these owls... I can't get enough of them!  And I've always wanted to make a life-preserver!  Doesn't the baker's twine just add another layer of fun?  I also used a white gel pen and texturized the preserver to make it look like it's been scratched and used!  I also love this sentiment, which is a new stamp for me from DeNami!  =) 

Ok onto the second project!  I got the ornamental flowers Petit Fours in my last mail order, and I wanted to make something a little more elegant than I usually make, so I went for an all black and white card:

I really really love this set of flowers!  I added some rhinestones for a little extra bling, and some ribbon with an elegant bow.  =)  This sentiment is also from a Petit Fours that I bought from DeNami -- it's a great set of sentiments that add a LOT of diversity to my collection!  =) 

OK well this was a rather long post but it's been awhile!  I hope you enjoyed it!  =D 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Kristy! Sounds like you are having a productive and busy summer. Great work on recovering that pretty cedar chest. Looks great!! And your two DeNami cards? Perfectly sweet. Love the life preserver (super use of twine!) and that elegant black and white card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just noticed you won the prize pack that Kim offered at OTWC.... SO excited for you!! A wee bit jealous I didn't win, but glad someone "I know" won it. :-)
    Looks like you've been busy creating.... love all of your cards. I'm hoping to have time to stamp soon.

    ReplyDelete