Search My Blog!

June 29, 2014

Father's Day Creations!

Hello there readers!  It has been quite awhile since I've written to you and again LOTS has happened!  I'll spare you the details and just give you the headlines:
  • I had a complication after my c-section that caused me to end up need a lot more recovery time - but luckily now I'm healthy!  
  • Sammy is healthy!  She'll be 8 months tomorrow and she's absolutely just the most fabulous baby ever!  Being a Mom is the absolute biggest change but best thing about life!  
  • By Husband switched jobs, which was stressful but now he is MUCH happier in his new situation!  
Needless to say, it's been a stressful few months!  I really didn't do much crafting during this time, but I did get back in the saddle for Father's Day!  

First - this I made a month before Father's Day but I couldn't wait to put it up in our house!  It's a shadowbox that holds bottlecaps!  I saw it in Pinterest and figured I could make a nice one for a LOT less than the one that I saw had cost.  I was able to make the entire thing for about $32!  =)  I got the vinyl lettering on Etsy for $9 and the shadowbox at Michael's with a 40% off coupon for $20!  Then my husband cut a hole in the top of the box for us to toss the caps in!  I love how it turned out:  


In addition to the shadowbox, I made some Father's Day cards for my husband's first Father's Day and my dad's first as a Grandpa!  We had a LOVELY weekend of friends and family!  Here's the first card: 

I created a golf hole with copics and cardstock, and used my Paper Smooches stamps which I love! My daughter's room is owl themed, so I couldn't resist adding the DeNami Design owl and I LOVE that Lawn Fawn sun too!  My husband loved it!  

Then onto the next card: 

On this one I freehand cut out the tree and used mostly Lawn Fawn stamps to create the sentiment and cloud background!  I had the owl rubber stamp from ages ago (an oldie but a goodie!) and I colored everything with copics!  Grandpa definitely thought it was "Owlsome" hehe!

It's been a long time since I got inky and I must say that it felt REALLY good!  I'm hoping to have more time to work on stuff in the future - both including cards and scrapbooking stuff!  

I hope you enjoyed these cards today!  =D  Have a crafty week!  

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kristy!!! Congrats on Baby Sammy!!! I'm glad to hear you are both healthy and doing great! I absolutely LOVE your bottle cap shadow box------FANTABULOUS!!!! And your Father's Day cards are awesome! So glad to see you're getting inky again! YAY!

    ReplyDelete