Search My Blog!

December 17, 2010

I've been tagged!

 Good afternoon readers!  I don't have a card today, but I was so excited that the lovely Lisa tagged me in this fun little post where you get to tell your readers a little more about yourself!  Before I get into that, I'm so excited for tonight!!!  =D  My birthday is this coming Sunday (I can't believe I'm going to be 27 already!), and so we're going to go out for my birthday tonight with a bunch of our friends to one of our favorite local places!  It's going to be such a great night, and the perfect way to kick off the holidays!  =D 
Ok, without further ado... here we go! 
1. Four shows that you watch:
  • The Office
  • Glee
  • Top Chef/Chopped/anything with Gordon Ramsay
  • Anything on HGTV (especially Design on a Dime!)
2. Four things you are passionate about:
  • Teaching Children
  • The importance of Reading
  • My friends and family
  • Papercrafting!
3. Four words/phrases you say a lot:
  • "Oh my goodness!"
  • "I'm sorry..." (my husband says I have an apologizing problem and I say this TOO MUCH!
  • Any given hyperbole (I'm often very excited about everything)
  • "Questions, comments, concerns for the good of the order?" (my students count how many times I say this!
4. Four things you've learned from the past:
  • Life is unexpected.  You have to roll with the punches to survive. 
  • No matter how bad things can get, there are always good to be found somewhere. 
  • Learning to trust anyone after being betrayed is hard, but necessary and it can really pay off in the end. 
  • There is no better feeling in the world than smiling and laughing with family and friends. 
5. Four places you would like to go:
  • Italy
  • The Balkans (I'm 50% Serbian and 25% Slovak)
  • Chicago (I've been there but I want to go AGAIN!)
  • New Orleans
6. Four things you did yesterday:
  • Went Christmas Shopping
  • Finished our Christmas Cards
  • Talked to my sister (who I LOVE and get to see tonight!)
  • Had an amazing evening laughing and destressing with the hubs!
7. Four things you are looking forward to:
  • My Birthday!  It's Monday, but we are celebrating tonight and Monday!
  • Baking Christmas cookies with my mom and sister!
  • Showing our Christmas present to all of our friends (more about that later)
  • Christmas with friends and family!
8. Four things you love about winter:
  • The snow when I don't have to drive anywhere!
  • All of the amazing winter holidays (Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas)
  • Being warm and cozy!
  • Spending so much time with friends and family that we don't get to see often!
9. Tag four people to play along:
Well readers I hope you enjoyed that!  And also, check out those four ladies' blogs, they are all truly inspiring!  =)  Have an amazing weekend! 

3 comments:

  1. What a fun, newsy post, Kristy!! I really enjoyed reading more about you. I have big deadlines coming up in the next few weeks, but hope to take a turn at playing in the New Year. I hope you have a fabulous birthday celebration. Sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree - a fantastic and fun post! :) i'll definately play along! :)

    happy (early) birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Kristy!!!! Sounds like you had an AMAZING weekend full of fun, family, friends, and crafty surprises!!! YAY!!!! Loved reading your list of fours! It's fun getting to know more about you!!! And I can't wait to learn more about this Christmas present you mentioned...hmmmmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete